Operations & Facilities
The Miami County Operations & Facilities Department oversees the Board of Commissioner's facilities, grounds, risk & safety and fleet services. The department manages 19 buildings comprising over 500,000 square feet and various other non-occupied structures.
The department is dedicated to providing a clean, safe and comfortable environment for the visiting public and county personnel.
The Department includes:
- Facilities Maintenance & Construction Projects - Responsibilities include capital asset planning, long term strategic plans, daily building maintenance requests including plumbing, elevators, electrical, general construction, fire services, asphalt & concrete needs, etc.
- Fleet Management - Includes servicing and maintaining commissioner fleet vehicles and equipment as equipment replacement schedules
- HVAC & Controls - This function is responsible for the county HVAC mechanical systems, preventative maintenance, software controls and vendor coordination
- Custodial & Grounds - This function oversees building housekeeping services, supply ordering, ground care maintenance and vendor selection & evaluation
- Energy Management & Utilities - Includes energy conservation initiatives, utility tracking and participation on the County Commissioner Association of Ohio Energy Consortium Committee
- Safety & Risk Management - Process includes employee safety initiatives, property risk assessments, inspections and participating in the County Loss Control Coordinators Association
Please note: Miami County Citizens having a concern or question regarding county roads including closures, drainage, signs, snow removal or mapping services should contact the Miami County Engineers Office at 937-440-5656.