There are many ways to volunteer your support to the animals at the Miami County Animal Shelter.
Volunteer at the Shelter & Events
Are you interested in helping the dogs and cats at the animal shelter, walking the animals, or even working at one of our special events to help adopt dogs/cats? Complete the Volunteer Application today and a member of our staff will be in touch with you to discuss the next steps!
Foster families are a great support to our Shelter because they are able to give our residents the one-on-one care and attention they need. This can be an incredibly rewarding experience for everyone involved, but it can also be challenging. This is why we are so grateful to those fosters who remain committed to providing the loving, interim care our animals deserve.
We will send you home with food for your animal for the length of their foster period.
As a foster parent to an animal from our Shelter, you will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Returning them to the Shelter as needed for vaccinations and medical attention
- Housebreaking and crate training
- Making the foster available for visits with potential adopters
- Socializing with new people, other pets, different situations
We carefully review foster applications to ensure we find the best fit for our animals, just as we do for adoptions. If you meet the following requirements we would love to talk to you more about becoming a foster parent!
- You must be 18 years or older
- All dogs and cats currently residing with you must be up to date on all vaccinations
- Must own your home or have landlord's approval
- Must have a valid Driver's License to return the foster to the shelter for medical care and other appointments
If you are interested in becoming an MCAS Foster Parent, it is actually quite easy to get started! Simply complete our Foster Application and a member of our staff will be in touch with you to begin the interview process.