Change of Name - Minor
A minor must be a resident of Miami County for the past twelve (12) months prior to the filing of the application. Applications will not be accepted for minors under one (1) year of age.
A valid I.D. from the applicant must be presented at the time of filing the application.
Minor's original birth certificate (or certified copy) is required at the time of filing the application.
If a birth parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
Please check with the court for consent requirements.
You are responsible to publish the legal notice in a newspaper of general circulation in Miami County at least thirty (30) days prior to the hearing date. It is your responsibility to make sure the proof of publication is returned to the probate court. If it is not returned prior to the hearing, the case may be dismissed.
If the child was born outside the state of Ohio, you will need to provide the court with the address of the Vital Statistics Department for the child's birth state at the time of filing your application.
- Change of Name for Minors Check List (PDF)
- Change of Name Instruction Sheet (PDF)
- 45D Confidential Disclosure of Personal Identifiers (PDF)
- Affidavit Name Change (PDF)
- Entry Setting Hearing
- 21.2 Application for Change of Name of Minor (PDF)
- Notice of Failure of Service (PDF)
- Notice to Parent (PDF)
- Vital Statistics Informational Form for Name Change (PDF)
- 21.3 Judgment Entry - Change of Name of Minor (PDF)
- 21.4 Consent to Change of Name (PDF)
- 21.5 Notice of Hearing on Change of Name (PDF)
- 21.6 Application to Waive Publication Requirement and Seal File (PDF)
- Request for Interperter
- Request for Ordinary Mail by Certificate of Mailing (PDF)
- Proof of Publication (PDF)
- Motion / Entry to Continue Hearing (PDF)