Traffic Safety Program
The Miami County Municipal Court Traffic Safety Program (TSP) enables you to have your "Minor Misdemeanor" traffic offense(s) to be dismissed or reduced, if you complete a two (2) hour Traffic Safety Class, given by the Ohio State Patrol. Successful completion will result in a dismissal or reduction of the original charge(s), and NO POINTS will be assessed to your driving record. This opportunity will provide important classroom instruction for young inexperienced offenders, as well as the more experienced drivers which may have become complacent with the basic safe vehicle operations, and the consequences for poor driving habits.
Minor Misdemeanor Traffic Violations
Typical 2 point violations include, but not limited to the following;
- Illegal Turn
- Stop Sign
- Traffic Light Infractions
The following more serious violations are NOT included and will not be approved for dismissal or reductions within this Traffic Safety Program;
- Driving Under The Influence
- Driving Under Suspension
- Reckless Operation
- Fleeing and Eluding
- Offenses relating to accidents where personal injuries or liabilities are involved
- Traffic Offenses relating to any criminal charges
- Speeding in a School Zone
Traffic Safety Program Requirements
- Must have a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's License
- Must provide Proof of Auto Insurance, valid at the time of the offense
- Must be free of any criminal charges accompanying the traffic violation
- Must admit guilt to the traffic violation
- Must NOT have already paid for the citation
- Must NOT have completed the Miami County Traffic Safety Class within 24 months
Program Fee $150.00
Additional Sub cases $ 50.00
Court Costs (approx.) $ 84.00
** Court Costs are based on Statutory Requirements and are in addition to the program fees.
** Court Costs must also be paid prior to scheduling you class date.
- Cash, Credit / Debit, and Money Orders are an acceptable method of payment.
- The Court will NOT accept a personal check.
Your application MUST be approved prior to Payment, and prior to your scheduled Court date.
All Applications must be hand delivered or mailed to;
Miami County Municipal
Court Services Department
215 West Main Street
Troy, Ohio 45373
Or faxed to; (937) 440-3941
The following must be submitted with your application;
- Application Form
- Proof of Insurance that was in effect at the time of the offense
- Copy of your citation