GovernmentServicesAbout UsBusinessHow Do I?
Click to Home

Go To Search

Change of Name
Change of Name
A person applying to change his or her name must be a resident of Miami County for the past twelve (12) months prior to the filing of the application. A valid I.D. from the Applicant must be presented at the time of filing the application. If a minor is involved, a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate is required. Once the entry granting the name change is signed by the Judge, the Court will provide certified copies to you or your attorney.  The Judgment Entry is proof that you have legally changed your name.  The Court will send a certified copy of the Judgment Entry for Change of Name to the Department of Vital Statistics in the state where you were born.  The name on the birth certificate will be changed.

Links for Additional Information/Forms: